Sunday, April 12, 2009

Summer Time Burn

No, we are not talking about sun burns here. We are talking about keeping our bodies in burn mode. First off, good job CPPD-MW on the PFA. I'll be sending each of you individual progress reports to let you see how you did. Now, let's burn.

I would like to invite everyone to take advantage of the summer time and lose a uniform size. One way to do this is to burn calories while sitting on your butts. No, this is not an infomercial for some new expensive gadget that has a better chance of emptying your wallet then making you thin. It is simple biology. Our bodies are genetically tuned to store fat for times of famine. Well, I don't know about all of you, but my local super market is not showing signs of a food shortage. Your body will store fat if it perceives that there is a shortage of food. So....make sure you are feeding the beast, often.

I would like everyone to try eating 6 times a day. You should eat every 2 to 3 hours staring with breakfast. Maybe I should clarify, you should eat smart every 2 to 3 hours. The idea is to put real food into your bodies before your body realizes it is hungry. By doing so, your bodies will continue to burn calories as opposed to store them. What I mean by real food is food that is not over processed or cooked in grease. Also, eat in moderation. If you need to loosen your belt and take a nap after each feeding, this will not work. I will warn you, once your body becomes accustomed to eating this often, it will let you know when you are running late for a feeding.

This is only one part for my fitness triad. Look for the Summer edition of the CPPD-MW Fitness Newsletter next month for the complete triad.

No comments: