Sunday, January 20, 2013

Eat healthy for Cheap

Yes, I said eat healthy for cheap.  Many food manufactures charge a premium for their “Healthy” foods.  The same goes for a restaurant.  He is a really good alternative.  GO to your favorite sub shop and get the veggie sub.  If you think about it, it is like a salad with bread sticks.  Tonight I had a foot long sub with all the veggies (except pickles) and topped off with Buffalo sauce.  Spicy, healthy, and cheap.  I added a bottle of water to with it and it cost me $5.62.  Not bad for dinner for a road warrior.


One thing to watch out for is the dressing.  Stick to something that is not creamy.  The Mayo adds around 110 calories per 6 inches of sandwich.  Chipotle dressing, 100 calories per 6 inches of sandwich. Here are a few good choices: Sweet Onion (30 Cal.), Honey Mustard (30 Cal.)


Also, do not forget the salad bar at a grocery store.  Choose wisely and you can eat well, healthy, and for around $5.

As for all of you on a ship with a salad bar, hit it hard. Again, watch out for the creamy dressings and oils. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,how are you today?I have surfed your blog serveral times, your blog is great and having a lot of intresting things. If you have time, you can visit my blog and feel free to give me some comment on GovJobInd, more important thing is being my follower! Thank you very much.
State Bank of India (SBI) 2986 Vacancies 2014 for PO's

Unknown said...

I have surfed your blog serveral times, your blog is great and having a lot of intresting things. If you have time, you can visit my blog and feel free to give me some comment on GovJobInd, more important thing is being my follower! Thank you very much.
State Bank of India (SBI) 2986 Vacancies 2014 for PO's